Pre-departure Reflection :)

Two weeks until Abbey Road starts! Two weeks until I get to spend an amazing month in Barcelona, Spain! Words cannot describe how excited I feel, I know that the time I spend in Barcelona will be unforgettable. I cannot wait until I get to meet all the people on my trip and start this remarkable experience.

Learning Spanish has always been something that really interested me, and that I have thoroughly enjoyed studying it in school. However, I wanted to take my Spanish beyond the classroom, and this was the driving force behind my desire to go to Spain with Abbey Road. I know that this trip will help me to greatly improve my ability to speak Spanish with ease.

Also, I’ve always loved to experience new cultures and ways of life. I think that this trip provides a great way to do this because, although it is not a home stay, it still provides plenty of time to immerse oneself in Spanish culture. I am so excited to spend time getting to know Barcelona, a city with such a rich history and way of life!

I know that on this trip I will make memories and friendships that I will carry with me for my whole life. I cannot wait to arrive in Barcelona and start with this exciting endeavor. I know my Spanish and my cultural awareness will improve, but above all I know that I am about to embark on an extraordinary trip that I will never forget and that will change my perspective on the whole world.